Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cricket fever in my class...

Hi friends today I'm gonna speak about the sudden hype about playing cricket in my class.. It all started on this Wednesday when a weak side asked my dept. to come for a match. But they forfeited the match due to practicals.

At that moment, we casually started speaking about playing a match within our classmates that evening. Soon it become an issue as the teams were split as Rapstors VS BRR . As some other members in our class wished to play that day, it was decided to change the team names. Then it was decided that the match will be played with the team names, Mavericks VS Clowns.

Until evening , there was complete cricket fever. We even stopped writing record due to this!!! Then show time... We had a great day, it continued like that as Clowns won the toss. But the main twist was that we chose to bowl first. Everything started well, bowled well, gave some extras but took wickets at regular intervals. This changed the course of the game to our side. We were happy to close the mavericks innings at 77 in a 12 overs match. We had a target of 78 in 12 overs.

My teammates had confidence on me, so they asked me to open the innings. We had a good start, but it didn't last long. I fell for a full length delivery by Senthil the Rustic. The score was 17 for 1 in 3rd over. Then we had some quick wickets, Mukil the mokkai gave away a maiden over to RS the rocket. He sacrificed his wicket to save our team from defeat. Then we had a constant flow of runs, SK the Nallavan, was playing nicely he took us near the target. Bad luck for him, he couldn't score the winning runs. Ram the rod scored the winning runs for Clowns. Hurray, We won the match in grand style. Clowns lead the series 1-0. WE are looking forward to the next match on Friday evening..

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Hi,
I have a deal to propose to you. I would like to ask you to do a link-excahange with your blog and mine.
My blog is www dot cricketforecast dot blogspot dot com
I'm sure that it would benefit the both of us.
Awaiting your reply.

Regards,
sportforecast@gmail dot com